Whether you’re looking to publicise a project, update information on a council service or fix a glitch, please get in touch with us by completing the appropriate online form.
You can submit three different types of request:
- Promote a specific project, campaign, event, or success
- Provide information about a council service, policy, strategy, or guidelines
- Make an admin request.
We can’t action any work if you don’t submit a request in this way.
How quickly we'll come back to you
The teams monitor requests Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 4pm.
We prioritise requests for support that align to the council’s priorities and agreed Marketing and Communications Plan. The more notice and detail you can provide, the better. It’s important that you plan ahead.
Please allow around 10 days for a first response and longer for the work to be actioned.
Please be aware: current response times will be around 15 days for a first response and longer for the work to be actioned if you want to publish digital content on our websites and need input from the Digital Experience team. This to help the Digital Experience team prioritise the development of a new Renfrewshire.gov.uk as part of the Digital Experience programme.
We’ll come back to you sooner if your request is considered as an urgent priority. Last minute requests can only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted a request, you’ll receive an email confirming it has been received and we will be back in touch when we have reviewed your request.
We might need to ask a few more questions and once we have a full understanding of your request, we’ll confirm the next steps. We’ll work with you to find the best solution.
When reviewing your request, we’ll check it against our current priorities agreed with the Council Management Team. Right now, we’re focusing on communicating COVID-19 public health information and on supporting our recovery from the impact of the pandemic across our communities, our businesses and our organisation. You can check the response times and how we prioritise requests on our Support Policy.
This form is for both staff communications and external promotional activities.
Some examples of this are:
- raising awareness of a project or campaign
- promoting a public consultation or survey
- showcasing an award
- celebrating a staff achievement
- marketing an event
- marking a national awareness day.
If it’s not promotion; just information you need updating then use the Provide information about a council service, policy, strategy, or guidelines form.
Use this form if you’d like to request a change, an addition or a correction to information about a council service, including policies, strategies and guidelines. The information could be for external audiences or for our staff.
Some examples of updates to public information could be:
- updates to content on the housing benefit web page
- new details on paying business rates
- changes to community funding and grants
- publishing of a new policy or report
- introduction of a new customer online form.
For staff, it could be about:
- a new HR policy
- updates to health and safety guidance
- training courses
- guidance on cyber security
- annual leave information.
We provide a range of more administrative and technical support activities. You can request the following:
- our council logo and photography
- creation of a new social media account
- creation of a website or a domain name
- website or social media stats
- creation of an editor account to update the website
- change of permissions to an editor account
- removal of permissions to an editor account
- CCTV redaction
- a short URL
You can also ask us about creating a new website, about migrating an external website to be council hosted and about developing new functionality on the Council website. These requests are more complex and will require approval from our Digital Board.
Latest articles from The Thread
Whether you’re one of our content publishers, a colleague from another service, or a member of the public, we’re here to share our expertise and the improvements we make to the digital channels you use.