The Council’s communications, marketing, design and digital experience team is here to support you to reach your audiences, get your message across and achieve your goals.
We are the Council’s communications, marketing, design and digital experience team. That’s quite a mouthful. But then we’re quite a team.
We are here to celebrate your amazing work, highlight the vital public services you provide, showcase everything Renfrewshire has to offer and deliver targeted, impactful campaigns that raise awareness, promote understanding and change behaviour.
Everything we do is underpinned by our values, acting fairly, being helpful, collaborating and learning.
We don’t like to brag, but our work has been recognised locally, nationally and across the UK. This includes Council staff awards, event awards from Scottish Thistle and Creative Exchange and campaign awards from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and the Scottish public sector.
Here’s a video showcasing some of our recent digital work and you can see more examples in the blog section of the thread.
Working much like a marketing, communications and digital agency, we pool our knowledge and experience from a diverse range of professions – including media relations, marketing, internal communications, graphic design and digital experience – to deliver on your objectives.
We can print a flyer, pen a media release or publish information on a website, but first we work with our services and partner organisations to understand what they are trying to achieve, put simply the who, what, when, where and why.
By knowing this and having a fuller understanding of your aims and objectives, we can deliver a much better outcome.
The core role of our communications is to:
- deliver campaigns which change behaviour and perceptions of our place and organisation, working closely with communities in way that is easy for them to talk to us
- demonstrate the operational effectiveness of public services
- build trust and faith in the Council by managing the Council’s reputation, especially in times of crisis
- explain our policies and programmes.
We are guided by our long-term strategy and our annual plan and we consider all requests against our strategic priorities.
Working with you, we’ll agree on the plan of action, how long we will need and the best approach to deliver on the objectives.
We’ll consider the channels, the design solutions, the digital requirements, things like tone of voice, timing, media engagement…
There’s plenty of channels and approaches we use, including:
- Websites, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and tools like Google locations
- Media engagement, familiarisation trips for bloggers and journalists
- Staff Take 5, newsletter, manager briefings
- Infographics, videos and short films
- Outdoor and print advertising, radio, TV and online
- Corporate events
- Leaflets, letters, posters and packs.
Our services are available to all our colleagues across the Council and we have developed a simple Make a Request process.
Once you’ve completed this, we will work with you to make sure the information has been shaped around the user needs, is shown in the right place and time, is structured properly in the right accessible format, and delivers on the agreed objectives.
You can find out more about how we prioritise requests and levels of support available by reading our Support policy.
Latest articles from The Thread
Whether you’re one of our content publishers, a colleague from another service, or a member of the public, we’re here to share our expertise and the improvements we make to the digital channels you use.